Thursday, April 17, 2008

Saul Hollow at Langerado

Part I : Getting In

"What kind of nonsense is this? How am I going to be able to cover this event without my photographer? Without photographs I couldn't possibly convey the enormity of an event like this." "Well your absolutley right," replied the events director "but I don't see a Saul Hollow on this list." Pablo started talking in an anxious tone... "Well if I can't get my photographer in then I'm not doing this story. Do you know how much exposure you are going to get because of me? Do you have any idea what this story is going to do for YOU?" The lady glanced at me unimpressed and when she left I thought she was going to return wth five burley security guards who would like nothing more then chain whipping two crazy music junkies trying to get in a festival for free. Instead she returned with a ticket, handed it to me and said, "sorry for the inconvenience Mr. Hollow." It wasn't the press credentials I was hoping for but grubby broke writers can't be choosers. I was in the show. A day of swamp boogie was ahead of me and as I began to daydream about the possibilities I was snapped out of Xanadu by our friendly events director. "So what kind of camera do you use?" "Where's my camera you ask? In the car with Pablo's brother of course! You don't think I leave expensive equipment like that lying around unattended!" I said motioning towards door. Pablo understood the need for a quick and neat get-away and jumped in with "Thank you very much - No hard feelings." "We'll see you next year" was the final thing he said before the door to the air -conditioned trailor closed. Not too shabby for a guy who doesn't own a camera I thought to myself as Pablo's jeep started a five mile drive down the dirt road of musical destiny.
Stay tuned for Part II: The Music and Part III: Getting Home later this week

Music Binds Us All

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha....

I love it.

Anonymous said...

Nice. lol

I like your style'

Anonymous said...

great style, keep writing anonymous